Facebook is the most widely used social media platform that provides us a platform where we can share our views, opinions, photos, and videos with our community members so that they can also know about the various things. However, when you use Facebook, then you will have to share the access with the other group members. These people now use your photos for various purposes and share them. In this way, they will also steal your information such as your contact number, identity, and other things.
Facebook offers its users a number of privacy options, including the ability to lock their Facebook profiles. If you lock your profile, users who aren’t on your Facebook friends list can only see the profile in a limited view. A locked profile will only show photos, posts, profile pictures, cover pictures, new stories, and posts to users on your friend’s list on your timeline. Public posts are no longer visible to the public it only visible to friends.
If you want to lock your Facebook profile, you can lock it in your Android Mobile App or Browser. However, the desktop version of Facebook doesn’t have an option to lock files in your profile, but there is a workaround. This feature is also limited to Android apps. Read on to learn how to lock your Facebook profile.
How does Lock Profile work?
Facebook has introduced a new security feature called Facebook Profile Lock. This feature allows users to block access to their profile to people who are not on their friend’s list. If a user locks their Facebook profile, others not on their friend’s list will not be able to see their profile. Also, they cannot download profile pictures or cover pictures. The company claims that users will not be able to see photos or posts posted on their profile or access stories. Profile lock also converts previously shared messages from public messages to friend messages. Now that you know how Facebook profile locker works, let’s take a closer look at how to lock a Facebook profile on different operating systems.
How to lock Facebook profile via Android Mobile App:
- First, open the Facebook app and click on your profile.
- Now click on the three-dot menu icon next to Add to Story to see the Profile Lock option. Click on it.
- The next page shows you how to lock your profile using the options. Click.
- A pop-up window will appear saying “Your profile has been locked”. Click OK
How to lock Facebook profile via Desktop:
Unfortunately, there is no option to block a profile in the Facebook app for iOS and also on the desktop browser. However, there is a solution for this. You can block your profile using your mobile browser. Just follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/.
- Click the profile icon in the URL and replace “www” with “M” so the URL becomes “m.facebook.com/profilename”.
- The mobile version of Facebook appears in your desktop browser with a menu of three dots next to the option to edit your profile. Click on it.
- The three-dot menu will show you the option to lock your profile. Just like the Android version, click.
- The next page shows how the locking profile works with the lock profile option. Click on it.
- Now your profile is locked.
The steps to unlock your Facebook profile are the same for both mobile and desktop apps. you see the Unblock Profile option instead of the Lock Profile option, tap it and then tap Unblock on the next screen. Here is an overview of how to unlock a profile and the options for unlocking a profile. Click on it and your profile is unlocked.